Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Well, I've done it. I've signed up to write 50,000 words in November.

This program has been going on for 10 years, and ever since I heard of it (maybe not quite 10 years ago, but several), I have wanted to try it. Usually, though, I remember in mid-November, and while I doubt I can write 50,000 in a month, 2 weeks would definitely not be enough time.

That said, I now have 3 weeks to figure out what the heck I'm going to write about. I have no idea who my characters will be, what my stories will be about, or anything.

What do you think:

A story about a talking chihuahua that gets lost in Mexico? Nah, too stupid.

How about a nice little story about a small-town beauty queen who dreams about becoming the first female president of the USA, and scratches and claws her way to the top, flashing her smile and cute little phrases to get out of trouble? Nah, too far-fetched.

Argh! It's hopeless. What have I done?

1 Comments:

Blogger My crazy life said...

Hi,

I signed up for NaNoWrMo, too. Yikes. And my writers group is havin a conference in November as well. www.ycitywriters.com

Rita

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home