Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gonna Win Me Some Bread

I went to the grocery store today and bought a bag of hot dog buns. I forgot to buy hotdogs, but that’s beside the point. Anyhow, when I got home, I noticed on the back of the bag that there was some contest. The prizes include free autographed jerseys, probably some tickets, and something else dealing with the Cleveland Indians. I’m feeling too lazy to walk over to the kitchen to get the bag to quote it, so I found another Schwebel’s offer online.

According to the rules, in order to enter these contests, you need to send your contact information and two proofs of purchase to some address. But in both cases, no purchase is necessary to win.

So are they promoting shoplifting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home