Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Potty Mouth, addendum

So you all know how I feel about food and bathrooms, that they do not go together under any circumstances. Food in the before stage should not be in the presence of food in the after stage.

That said, on another seemingly unrelated subject, I am rather annoyed by product placement on diapers. Really, who are the ads for? Does Pampers really need pictures of Elmo and Big Bird on them? Are babies really going to notice them? Frankly, having characters on pull up diapers makes kids (namely mine) prefer to wear his Go Diego Go pull ups rather than his truck underpants, which may be getting in the way of potty training. Do these corporate sponsorships help defray the cost of disposable diapers, or are they still way expensive? Would plain, non-charactered diapers be cheaper (perhaps by saving money on the printing) and why isn't that an option?

So anyhow, the other day, there I was, changing my baby's diaper when I looked at the design on the diaper. There was a picture of Blue - of Blue's Clues fame - surrounded by cupcakes. How wrong is that? It makes absolutely no sense. For one thing, a baby wearing size 3 diapers 1) doesn't know what a cupcake is, and 2) is too young to eat them. And a mother putting a baby in a size 3 diaper 1) isn't appreciative of the fine artwork on said diaper, 2) is not thinking about cupcakes right after changing a soiled diaper, and 3) does not appreciate the association being made between a fine piece of cuisine and excrement.

I know, you probably figured out that this is what I was thinking about when I first described the diaper, but I just had to get it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home