Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why I Support Hillary Clinton

A friend of mine sent me this message, and I was quite impressed with how well-articulated it was and how it really reflected exactly how I've been feeling - and what drove me to actually watch part of yesterday's debate (mind you, only about 5 minutes worth, but still...)

So Priya, Thank you for this. It's worth spreading the word...

I'm sorry to send out a mass mailing, especially one about politics, but this is a monumental time in our country's history and this election is critical. Although many of you have already voted in primary elections, some of you have not and I want to share my views on why I support Hillary Clinton for president. The media seems to have made its decision and is trying to make your decision for you and that is simply wrong. This is still a democracy and not a media-cracy; our opinions as individuals count.

America is a complete mess right now and from all angles, things looks like they will get worse before they get better. Our next President will inherit a disaster on so many levels, it is staggering. The Bush administration has tangled systems that worked, hidden mistakes that will blow up in the next term or two, and openly flaunted its corruption. In this election, we are hiring a CEO to take over our failing, debt-ridden, thoroughly corrupt enterprise. At this time, more than ever, we need a no-nonsense leader who has proven she can clean up colossal messes. Clinton is tough, strong, brilliant, experienced, and practical; simply, she is the right person for the job now.
While I personally like Obama, I don't think that he is ready for the job yet. The next President must know how to effect the changes we need and I know that Clinton is prepared for that challenge. It is possible that Obama could also do this (and I certainly hope he can), but we simply don't know if he can because he hasn't done enough in his political career for us to examine his abilities as a potential President. The best we can do is hope that he's up to it and this country needs more than mere hope; we need someone who has shown that she is ready for the job.

In closing, I ask you to close your eyes and imagine this time next year, 2009, with Clinton as our President. The feeling I get is one of security, relief, and a sigh that we are finally in good, smart, experienced hands. Hands that know how to untangle, lead, and fix our country. I expect you'll get that feeling, too.

Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home