Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My characters need to start mingling

So I guess there's not going to be any sort of writing prompt or any other restrictions to my writing for the NaNoWriMo thing, so really, I just need to get into the habit of writing.

And to write a novel, I'll need to have a story. And for a story, I need to have some characters. And they need to start mingling, getting to know each other, start wandering around inside my head, figuring out their goals, aspirations, struggles, start picking fights with each other, and just get to the good part by November 1. Then, I'll just start chronicling their lives, watch them interact, and then, if I'm nice and if they really need help, I'll give them a hand and help them find a happy ending.

Perhaps I should use our Wii and create a few Mii's and see how they interact. I wonder if Mii's ever fight when they're hanging out in the Mii community. I see them walk around a bunch. But what happens when they're not being watched? How complex are their lives? Do they get jealous when certain Mii's get to go play all the games? I made a Mii for myself. But I don't really play very often (I actually bought Wii Fit two weeks ago, and we have yet to open the box - but maybe that speaks more for how much I've worked out lately). So does my Mii get jealous? Does my Mii hang out with my husband's Mii? Does my Mii get along with my Mii-in-law? Do Mii's have voices?

Do I have enough material here to start my novel? Should I be sharing these ideas? What if someone else comes in and takes this idea and runs with it? Well, so what. They'd have to beat me to it, right? And if I'm writing my novel in 30 days, well, then, whoever steals my idea will have to hurry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Basically you want to have multiple personalities in your head? Hmmm.... Isn't there a word for that?

11:28 PM  
Blogger BrainHickey said...

Yes. Creativity.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home