Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Bruno Mars Trilogy

For starters, I have to clarify that while I do enjoy listening to the radio, I am generally notoriously bad at knowing song titles and their
Corresponding artists. The radio in my car (factory original, no upgrades) does not have that nifty feature that tells me the name of the song and/or artist. I have noticed, however, that doing this allows me to recognize a musician's voice and musical style, so while I don't know the name of the singer, I know that this song is by the same guy that sang that other song.

So I liked the song 'Just the Way You Are' long before I knew it was sung by Bruno Mars. And to be honest, it wasn't until the song 'Grenade' came out that I learned his name. But once I made the connection, I couldn't help but wonder about this poor guy.

In the beginning, boy meets girl and falls madly in love. He worships the ground she walks on, and they live happily ever after.

That is, until we start episode two, in which our hero has discovered a betrayal, and realizes that she's not who he thought she was.

So the only question is, how does this trilogy end?
I eagerly await the release of his next song to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home