Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Overheard

My three-year-old (S3) and five-year-old (S2) are eating breakfast in the dining room, while I'm making their lunches in the kitchen. S3 has something with Diego on it (Diego = Dora the Explorer's cousin, spin off tv show that incidentally, nobody in my family watches).

S2: Do you like Diego?
S3: Yes
S2: Do you love Diego?
S3: Yes, I love Diego
S2: Then why don't you marry him?! (he's proud of himself for setting up that joke yet again)
S3: Yes, I want to marry Diego
S2: You can't marry Diego

And here I swoop in, thinking what a wonderful teaching moment this is about tolerance and acceptance and whatnot.

Me: Why can't he marry Diego?
S2: Because he's a character.

I shut up and keep making their lunches, outsmarted by a 5 year old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Z said...

great story! and very well-told.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home