Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Browns Watcher Once Again

You know, I really should have posted this last night when I started it as opposed to now when I seem more like a fair-weather fan.

A while back, I had mentioned on this blog that I would not follow the Browns anymore. The logic back then had been that ultimately, the Browns are a business, and it really sucks that they can put out this shoddy product and still make money. Sure, they'd make more money if they won, but they don't really have much motivation since they sell out overpriced seats and plenty of merchandise.

Man, I can't even continue on this thread right now. Holy crap! If you didn't watch the game today, here's a quick update. The Browns won. Big time. 51-45. Sure, they could have stopped Cincinnati from scoring 45 points, but hey, since it was fewer than what we got, they did just fine.

So anyhow, I am back to watching the Browns. And here's why. On the one hand, I have my morals. On the other hand, I have an acceptable, and fully supported, excuse to sit - during daytime hours with the kids around - and do nothing but watch television.

So there you have it. I'm watching the Browns once again. But today, I wore an Indians tshirt to support my playoff-caliber team.

My only regret is that in the process, I'm passing on this doomed, accursed affliction - that of being a Browns fan - to my children. Maybe this will not be for naught. (see, there I go. I'm hopeless).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home