Brain Hickey

A brain hickey, like a real hickey, is something that leaves its mark. The opposite of a brain fart (when you have a mental disconnect and can’t think of the simplest thing), a brain hickey is a thought so profound, so deep, so mentally tantalizing that it sticks with you. Maybe you’ll change your life because of the enlightenment you experience. Or maybe you’ll just think about what I said for the next few days and then it’ll gradually fade, like a real hickey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States

I have three sons, a dog, and a very supportive husband. I get to write whatever I like as long as I don't ask him to read it.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bluetooth

I don’t like those Bluetooth earpieces. When I was in college, one of the physical education classes I took was Self Defense for Women. In that class, along with useful moves, I remember learning (or perhaps just thinking) that if we ever are walking along the street alone and see some unsavory character (ain’t that a great phrase?), you should pretend to talk to yourself out loud, perhaps also waving your arms around. Anyone considering doing something to you will think you’re crazy or something and move along. Now, that is offensive in several ways, but that wasn’t the point; maybe it’s rude to stereotype crazy people’s behavior, but the point is to take advantage of the stereotype and stay safe. But these days, people won’t think you’re crazy; they’ll just assume you’re on the phone. But then again, maybe that will keep you safe too – who’s going to attack someone who’s already on the phone with someone and could ask for help? Maybe the Bluetooth isn’t all evil. Maybe I’m just jealous that I don’t have one – or an excuse to act crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home